Cape De Hoop Tea is dedicated to Rooibos and Honeybush.
Our teas are available in teabags or loose leaf.
Rooibos is available as:
- Green (Unfermented)
- Grounded (for espresso and coffee machines)
Honeybush is available as:
- Blended with Rooibos
Rooibos Tea is prepared from a single herb, Aspalathus Linearis. The leaves from this plant are allowed to ferment and dry in the sun, resulting in a red tea with a remarkable flavour. Rooibos Tea is produced in the Cape of Good Hope, South Africa. The tea is naturally caffeine free and low in tannin. All Rooibos offered by our company is organically grown.
Green Rooibos comes from the same plant as Red Rooibos - however the leaves are not exposed to the sun, yielding a product that is unfermented and green in colour. Green Rooibos has increased therapeutic qualities due to the elimination of oxidization (fermentation), thus boosting the levels of flavonoids and antioxidants.
- Green Rooibos has the same health properties as Rooibos, yet, since it is unoxidized, some of the benefits are increased as much as 30 to 40 times!
- Green Rooibos is rich in Flavones - which are not only one of the strongest antioxidants, but are also essential for the complete absorption of vitamin C.
- Flavones are inhibitors of allergic mediator release from mast cells and have the ability to stop allergic reactions.
- Green Rooibos has a soothing effect on the central nervous system, reduces tension in the body and can ease psychological tension as well. It is known to help people suffering from irritability, headaches, disturbed sleeping patterns, insomnia, nervous tension and mild depression or hypertension.
- Green Rooibos aids in the relief of stomach and indigestive problems like nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach ulcers and constipation.
We offer the following range of teas in which Rooibos is blended with flowers, fruit, herbs and spices according to our own recipes
- Chai Blend
- Okanagan Blend
- Mountain Mint
- Lemon Myrtle
- Licorice Root
- Market Spice
For this range of teas we use flavourants that are all natural, and certified organic to compliment the taste of Rooibos. Flavourants are also gluten free, and contain no sugar. Subject to availability, we offer the following flavours:
- Earl Grey
- London Fog
Honeybush is indigenous to a small mountainous region in Southern Africa, where it has been hand gathered by the Khoi and San peoples for hundreds of years. The leguminous bush has a most attractive bright yellow flower that is heavily honey scented.
- Honeybush contains isoflavones and coumestans, dietary phytoestrogen hormones as well as flavones and xanthenes.
- Honeybush is known to assist regulation of menstruation, allay menstrual cramps and menopausal symptoms.
- Also good for combating allergies, acne, and rash, and helps heal sun burnt skin.
Rooibos and Honeybush are blended in a 50/50 ratio to yield a rich and smooth brew, combining the health properties of both teas.